Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Grad school???

I stare at my calendar on my wall next to my desk and I cannot believe how close I am to going home.

 I've been thinking a lot about grad school lately and I think I am 75% ready to go. I hope I can be 100% soon because most application deadlines for Fall 2011 are February/March 2011, which is not too far away. I won't even have time to study for the GREs really and I need to find a place in Seoul that offers the test.  Also, I will not be in America for the required interviews and I can't really provide the 2-3 recommendations as well. So many problems, so little time! I have narrowed it down to 3 programs: Counseling Psychology, Family and Couples Therapy, and Occupational Therapy.  Where am I looking to go to grad school? Well, most likely in Philly since there is no way I can afford to pay out-of-state tuition/housing. I guess when I'm back in Philly for good, I'll be moving back in with the 'rents. Hm. Not sure how I'll feel about that since I'll be close to 26 when I start school.  But cities that I'll consider if I suddenly have money are San Francisco, Boston, and Austin. I think these cities rank pretty high on some 'best city' poll I came across awhile ago and it had really good reasons (which I can't really remember at the moment) on why these cities are awesome.

I was at the bookstore yesterday and I looked through a GRE guide and I seriously cannot do a single math problem. It just doesn't make sense to me at all and there is absolutely no motivation for me to want to review that shit. I need to find someone smart that looks like me to take the test for me. I don't really have a moral issue with cheating on the GREs. I mean, I did well in college without amazing scores on the SATs. I'm sure I can do the same in grad school (hopefully).

No comments:

Post a Comment