Here are some tips/advice I guess...
If you're Asian, it's going to be much harder to get a hogwon job because parents want to see white faces teaching their kids. I have a bachelor degree in Education and previous experience in Korea, but I have been turned down by certain places because they said they were only hiring native foreigner (which I am by the way). No hard feelings though since I probably am much better off not working in a hogwan.
If you're being offered anything less than 2.0 million won, I suggest you keep looking.
Well, there's actually a lot of advice I can write about, but it might take a while, so just email me if you have any questions.
There are a lot of things I am worried about my second time around. I'll be in Seoul this time and I'm hoping whatever apartment I'm getting will allow dogs. Since I won't know what school I'll be placed in by SMOE, I will not have a guaranteed answer about my Ellie Bellie until the last day of orientation. I hope I can wake up for work. It's going to be so hard since I am not a morning person. Also, I'll be teaching with a co-teacher. That means no slacking off and having my students do crossword puzzles.
I guess I'll update again once I send out all my documents. But if everything goes as planned, I arrive August 23rd (one day before someone's birthday <3).
No comments:
Post a Comment